Genre Research Reflection
For the casting of the film trailer I want to have around four characters. I want to create a weak vulnerable blonde female character, one or two male characters and an intelligent strong minded brunette. I will have only one antagonist unlike YN where there were 4 as I want a more intense and intermit relationship with his victims in seeking his/her personal revenge.
In terms of location the horror genre is ideal for someone like me who does not have a budget as the trailer could be filmed in a run down location, outside in the country or even in my or a friend's own home. If I did film inside I would plan to use low key lighting to create unfamiliar shadows to add effect.
For the costume and props I am serious considering masking my antagonists as buying a mask will be not be bank busting and has huge marketing values. The mask can be the face of the film appearing on magazines and posters and a catalyst in creating a fan base. However I am not allowed to use weapons.
The sound is probably the most important element in creating a successful horror trailer. I wish to replicate the uneasy eery sounds that built suspense in the YN trailer and use sudden crashes to frighten the viewer. I also will heighten the sounds of usual quiet sounds such as heartbeats to create immense tension.
No comments:
Post a Comment