Tuesday, 13 August 2013

Marketing Reflection

From researching the Superman reboot I have realised I must go much further beyond than just realising the standard 2 Minuit trailer.

Firstly I most create a unique brand identity for my movie, something that is simplistic such as the S logo from on superman's top which when fans see it they instantly associate it with my film. I need a unique selling point like Nolan reinventing superman as the man of steel. My film could re invent a previous horror or put a thrilling twist on a fairy-tale like Red riding hood (2011). Or I could use an actor or actress to attract fans to the film. Just as Nolan has used Henry Carvill playing Clark Kent aka Superman as an idol for male audiences and a sexual icon for female audiences to draw them into Man of Steel.

I must come up with a Snappy headline to appear on my poster and magazine posters like "Man of steel". The repetition will be consumed into audience's heads and will create a buzz amongst fans who will be a catalyst in promoting the film as they chat about it to the mates. Promoting the film using hash tags so that on social networking sites the film trends and the word is spread like wildfire in turn rolling over larger, wider audiences.

Just as Man of Steel has. I want to create suspense to the build up by firstly releasing a teaser trailer of my movie to grab fans attention. Then release a longer theatrical trailer to pull fans in. To finally a twenty second television explosive trailer to maintain the high level of excitement throughout the campaign.

The promotion of my film must be consistent so that it is seen as professional amongst audiences and taken seriously as a film. I will use continuity in terms of colour schemes and text across posters and magazine covers. My magazine cover will be one of a mainstream magazine, appearing on a mainstream film magazine will attract a wider audience than just fans of horror to the film.


No comments:

Post a Comment