Saturday, 31 August 2013
Trailer Analysis
Trailer Analysis Reflection
I liked the intimacy in scream of the phone call between the slasher and Sidney. I may incorporate a phone call to introduce the victim, it is effective because the audience and the victim don't where the antagonist is and the husky voice is particularly spine chilling. Like Sidney I plan to have a female hero rather than a male, Robert Neville. she will most likely be brunette and will challenge the antagonist the most and try to overcome him/her. I wont have a big enough cast like scream to have the high school kids discussing the mystery amongst each other so I will use the inter titles to describe the narrative and tease the audience. As the narrative develops I too will increase the editing speed like I am Legend and Scream.
I will have the antagonist playing a part throughout the trailer rather than I am Legend when the antagonist is not even shown but less than scream where the slasher is seen often, it is important I get the right balance. I want the antagonist to manipulate the narrative throughout but only revealing him/her in snippets and not until the very end to keep the audience enticed.The representation I plan to use is teenagers because my biggest audience will be the 16-25 year old bracket. I will try to incorporate the naivety of teenager and vulnerability like Scream. I plan to portray my cast as star profiles like Will Smith in I am Legend I will do this by showcasing them in close ups on film magazines and poster using them as a USP.
I hope to create the building of a mystery in the narrative which is vital for a horror. In I am Legend it was why was the human race practically none existent and dead on once the busiest city in the world or in scream the identity of the ruthless slasher. I will also use conventions of horrors such as dark lighting and erry music. I will now put more thought into the cinematography to show the dominance of the antagonist and the vulnerability of their victims. I will use pan shots such as the aftermath of new York in I am legend to illustrate the mood to the audience and I will use close ups to illustrate characters emotions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment