Friday, 6 September 2013

Choice Of Genre

I have chosen to do horror as my genre as I believe this genre will be the most achievable. This is the most particular as I have appropriate locations at my disposal. I could use the train station in my town, the park, woods, streets which are easily accessible and are walking distance from my home which I could even use as I could manipulate the atmosphere. I would film in these locations on a evening when it's dark and it is quite so I minimise disturbances and follow the horrors of the mystery, insecurity and uncertainty of the darkness.

Costume would not have to be extravagant my victims would wear regular casual clothes to connote realism and relate with the audience. My antagonist would be dressed in black trousers and a black hoody to hide his identity and signify the evil and nothingness underneath. I will consider buying a mask for my antagonist as the most popular and memorable antagonists in horror are those whom wear masks e.g. Jigsaw from Saw or Freddie Kruger. I want something that is unique but not cost effective to give my film a brand identity, to promote the film and make the antagonist reconizable amongst audiences. I could search charity shops, fancy dress shops, the Internet or even make one myself.

Repertoire Elements:

  • Low key lighting
  • Isolated location
  • Uneasy build up
  • Tension
  • Jumpy scenes
  • Sharp sounds
  • Death
  • Victims
  • Antagonists
Existing films that relate to mine are:

  • The Strangers
  • House At End Of The Street
  • Scream
  • Paranormal Activity
  • The Conjuring

No comments:

Post a Comment