Here is the flat plan for my magazine I used a red, green and a black colour scheme. The title of the magazine is red following the colour conventions of my the Pied Piper and fuelling the brand identity it is also an eye-catching and the big bold font reinforces that.
I kept a lot of the font simple and refrained from using too many horror themed fonts so that my magazine is easily readable as well as appearing more professional. I only really used a horror style font on the sell line across the top of the page to signify that the magazine is a horror special; the font style illustrates the content of the magazine. I chose to use green because I felt using all red would have been dull and using green catches the readers eye to the theme and the selling point of the magazine; the green signifies the gruesomeness of the font and the genre.
I used similar fonts for the other sell lines and my film titles name except for the P's in pied piper which deliberately are different. I think this will draw audiences towards the film which is my primary objective. I got this idea from when researching Scream 4 seeing they had deliberately made the 4 in the film title to look like a blade connoting the murderous persona of the slasher and the horror genre. It also emphasises to the audience that it is the 4th film; something newer and fresher than the previous giving the film a unique selling point.
For the image I took inspiration from the Kirk Star Trek cover. Looking at this image I felt that the character of Kirk looked ruthless and powerful this is what I wanted to illustrate for my antagonist.
I decide to disguise my character identity more than Kirk by using shadows to make him look a more uneasy dangerous character connoting mystery surrounding him by only revealing only fragments of his face in comparison like his eyes, nose and scares leaving audiences wanting to discover more about the character. The cuts signify pain in the film.
His eye line is high in the frame of the poster signifying his power and I wanted my character to be staring into the eyes of the audiences looking at intimidating like he is hypnotising them. Inside the eye I used an image of the victim to suggest all he can feel is hate and revenge and suggest he is about to strike which links onto my poster this illustrates continuity.
I have used the phrase "have you paid the piper" which I plan to use on the trailer as well as the poster to repeatedly reinforce the phrase so the film is engraved into the audiences head I got this idea from the repetition of the phrase man of steel when researching marketing campaigns for the 2013 superman reboot.
The You is highlighted in black to directly enforce each individual to watch the film and to create a sense of a relationship between audiences and characters. I also highlighted Piper so audiences immediately recognise him as the antagonist.
As you can see I took inspiration for my posters from the films below modern and traditional. Like both of these I plan to have the text of all the production, director etc. at the bottom. Like the tall man I may use the name of the lead actress written across the poster as a main selling point of the film.
The image is the brunette victim a traditional convention of the horror genre. And she is in great distress illustrated by the cuts and blood on her face. She has a hand over her face with her mouth wide open connoting she is terrified and screaming; I took this inspiration from the Scream having a woman on the poster of the film can also used as a sexual icon to attract a greater number of male audiences to my film. Her face is also pale suggesting she could be becoming possessed
The background on my flat is quite bare so I plan to either use rats a traditional convention in the pied piper or smoke or the antagonist himself lurking behind the victim as seen in the Tall Man to make my poster more frightening, exciting and appealing to my audiences.
Reflection and Summary
For the magazine I am going to have the antagonist eye line high in the frame looking dominant and looking down at the reader to signify his authority. Following looking at the Star Trek cover I want to cast a shadow across my antagonist to create mystery and connote he is dark character and is a dodgy character who lurks in the shadows. I will do this by using the facilities in the studio when I do my shoot to manipulate the lighting. Also my looking at the total film cover my cover will also feature a colour scheme dominated by red because I believe it looks sharp however instead of using grey I will use black to signify the darker genre of horror to sci fi I will also have my sell lines along the side of the image and the mast head above as I believe it looks professional to do so.
For the poster after looking at the scream poster I want a similar pose looking shocked like something is about to happen or connoting the antagonist is behind her creating excitement around the trailer. I now want my poster to be in black and white and to look traditional I will try and use Photoshop to make the eyes stand out as well because I believe they express a lot of emotions and will draw audiences towards them. In my flat plans she is made to look lost with the wide open framing however I like the tight framing in the Scream poster rather than the Tall Man because you see more expressions of the victim.



No comments:
Post a Comment