Tuesday, 22 October 2013

Filming For The First Time

I was quite nervous filming for the first time as I never did moving image last year or previously. But as soon as I sorted the equipment out I became more confident. I was very happy with the first footage.

My cast was vey co-operative and throwing in their own ideas and coping well with the miserable english weather. Emily drove me and Tim straight from college and we filmed for about an hour and half continuously by that time it had got dark.

I was disappointed I couldn't film in the dark as it would not of shown up on the camera without strong light anyway as well as safety aspects. Although the cold the weather worked in our favour the grey skies created a dark atmosphere whilst maintaining a strong picture.

We first filmed at the train station but there were no staff around or on the platform and it was relatively quiet which was also important for my trailer so we assumed they would of consented to us filming.

We listened out for announcements and looked at the timetable to plan our shots. At one point we had tim on the other side of the platform and shouted directions to him to disappear after a train had past whist filming over the shoulder of Emily.

We filmed for about an hour in the park pushing swings to create the sense the park is possessed and we finished of by running about to keep warm creating handheld shots of chases.

No comments:

Post a Comment