I tried two different methods from watching YouTube tutorials to aggregate the characters eyes and got two very different outcomes
Method 1
This is the first technique I used, here I took the photo layer before turning the photo black and white, and the black and white photo layer on top of it.
Then I used the rubber tool on the eyes so that I could choose what part of the colour came through, here is the result:
Method 2
I discovered a more subtle but effective effect of adding a fresh colour to the eyes
Reflection
I opted for the 2nd option for my rough cut despite not standing off the page as much as the 1st. This is because initially when I did the 1st method Emily looked evil and sinister not the look I want for a victim. However the first method did come in handy on the antagonist though this is more difficult to see because his identity/eyes are more hidden by his hood and the lighting.Anyway I believe that was the case because I didn't line up the layers properly, the unbalance of the layers created the freaky look. For my final product I tried the 1st method again because I wanted the eyes to be more eye-catching and I rectified that mistake by starting again and duplicating the layers this time and not doing it manually, the result is above.


No comments:
Post a Comment