Friday, 22 November 2013

Magazine Construction

 
  1. Firstly I downloaded the bebas neus font for my cover because it is bold, strong and easy to read; I added the #piedpiper straight away because I am using social networking sites to get the word of my film around rapidly increasingly my audience through the internet. I added world exclusive to grab readers attention this is a significant film. And used the horror issue as an indication that the magazine is mainstream and the horror theme is reinforced by the font.
  2. I then added an image of the type image I wanted for the cover to see what my fonts would look like with an image. I changed some of the fonts to white to draw attention to certain feature and to make the content easier to read and more distinct. I also added a barcode to signify professionalism.
  3. Following my photo shoot when I added my chosen image the LCA masthead did not fit so I changed the name to popcorn and chose a more exciting font which also separates itself from the "pied piper" title. I removed the skyline because I felt it was too cartoony and reduced the scare factor. Instead I added "the most terrifying horror for years" to further prompt audiences to the film and get horror audiences excited. I then reinforced "terrified" by underlining it.
  4. I began to add sell lines around the image to make the magazine more desirable and re added the barcode as well as a date, issue number and price to reflect the professionalism of a real magazine.
  5. I also manipulated the piper's eyes to make him look more darting and dangerous. I did this as previously mentioned by placing the coloured image layer directly underneath and rubbing out the eyes.   
  6. For the finishing touches I added a banner offering a free poster to give readers another reason to buy the magazine as well as tying in the poster product creating synergy between the two. I added texture to the banner so it didn't look so amateur by using a circle brush I downloaded off brushezzy.com so the banner looked rough and gritty like a horror film 

No comments:

Post a Comment