Tuesday, 12 November 2013

My Rough Cut Trailer


Here is my (extremely) rough cut trailer
 
 

Reflection

 
 First of all I need a soundtrack which is overt, I will also add more sound such as the chimes of the bells at the start. I opened the sequences with pans because this what many of the professional trailers have done, I wanted to create a dark mood and show that the locations are isolated, I used the shot of the train rushing past to try make the audience jump. I think the train station sequence is the most effective part of the trailer. We have a concerned mother on the phone although I could do better to illustrate that like 'don't be ridiculous mum' 'of course I'm safe' 'no one is following me!' And then I try to connote danger with the warning signs and a pan to suggest the danger is nearing. She then notices the mysterious man who disappears from the platform when the train rushes past which I aimed to escalate the panic I had been trying to inflict on the audience. However a danger I need to address is that the trailer seems to play more like a sequence at the moment because the first half of the trailer uses the train station and the other half use the park. 
 
The narrative once she enters of the park goes absent, there is no reason I need to retake shots with a lot more thought into them and how it will shape the narrative. I am really disappointed I couldn't get shots of rats, an important cue to the pied piper at the moment my trailer doesn't have any elements of the pied piper so this is something I defiantly need to address or alternatively change my idea.
 The shot of the piper walking through the park is too long it was meant to be mysterious as I edited so he would disappear and reappear but the audience may get bored at this point switch off and miss the climax therefore I should shorten it or use a different shot. 
 
I used shots the swings swinging and the roundabout moving on it's on accord to signify a dark force present. We found a dolls head in the park so we decided to use it as a shot with the piper stamping on it to connote his dominance, ruthlessness, death and signify the pipers evil.
I sped up the editing towards the end to create tension as the piper appears to going in for the kill and it is the most exciting part of the trailer so I wanted to get the audiences hearts racing as they sense the victim vulnerability and hopefully the shock as he grabs her will have the audience going away wanting to know what will happen next, did she die or not because she is the main character.

No comments:

Post a Comment